Followers

Saturday 19 April 2014

Girls just wanna have fun...!

 
Good morning, and a lovely sunny one it is too (if a little chilly!) Hope everyone is enjoying the Easter weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing my children and grandchildren tomorrow as my daughter has thoughtfully invited everyone to lunch... here.... and I'm cooking it! Hope the weather stays dry for the Easter egg hunt!
Back to the card, the challenge this week at Sweet Stampin'  is 'Lots of Layers', I've used a gorgeous stamp by Stampin Bella that I've been drooling over for ages. I finally succumbed to temptation (I know you'll find that difficult to believe!!!)  and treated myself to it! I coloured the girls with copics and paper pieced their dresses. Papers are from stash, no idea of the make! Flower made with Tim Holtz die and the little cocktail glasses are punched and covered with glossy accents.
 
 
We have 2 lovely sponsors this week, you could win a fabulous prize of 2 digis from
 

 
or this wonderful prize from Marianne Design
 
 
so what are you waiting for, get stamping and layering, just click here to see the wonderful inspiration from my lovely teamies and to enter your own fabulous creation.
Thanks for looking and have a lovely Easter.
Chris
x
 
Challenges
stampinfortheweekend favourite stamp (this is my current favourite!!!:)
artimpressions best of friends
Creative Moments Anything/girly
flatfriends include a sentiment
onecrazystamper anything goes
ourcreativecorner with a song in your heart (Girls just wanna have fun)

15 comments:

Tracey T said...

Great colours in this fun card. Wish I had legs like that! Have a fab Easter weekend and enjoy your family lunch tomorrow. Hugs, Tracey x

Chrissy said...

Love these fun loving girls Chris..fabulous paper piecing and papers and love the layout.
Happy Easter..
Luv CHRISSYxx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Ooh what a gorgeous card! Love these characters!! Love your papers and fabulous paper piecing. Just gorgeous. Happy Easter Chris. Hugs, Wends x

mixamatoasties said...

Love it! You're not going to believe this but I also succumbed this week to an Uptown Girl stamp. I say stamp but she didn't want to be separated from her pal so I appear to have bought two..... #oops.

Susan xx

Renee Matarese said...

Love your trendy colors and the paper pieced dresses are adorable! Thanks for joining us at Art Impressions this week. ~Renee

chrissy xx said...

Just GOrgeous! Must admit I've seen these images around blogland Chris and they really are lovely..
FAB colours and I Love your paper piecing.
Chrissyxx
Something wrong at your end lol..We are having a meal with our family tomorrow too! But, at their house!!

Irish Cherokee said...

Party time all the way. A few cocktails are in the offing too. Love the colors used. Great card Chris! Happy Easter.

Teresa said...

Great card - love the colour scheme and the image. Thanks for joining us at Creative Moments - good luck x

Kathleen said...

Fabulous all round card, love the image, colours and layout.

Kath x

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card - I love the gorgeous image and the paper piecing looks amazing xx Thank you so much for joining us over at Flat Friends, hope you have a lovely week, Em xx

Anonymous said...

Clever card. I love you shaded pAper piecing. I keep meaning to have a go. Thank you for sharing your card at Creative Moments. Leona x

Wishcraft said...

Just gorgeous Chris! Fab design and details, love this image and their paper pieced dresses :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Leanne said...

Awesome job, love the embossing you did at the back and the details nicely done with the flower...Way to go! Thanks for entering our ATG challenge at One Crazy Stamper!

Leanne DT@OCS

Astrid Maclean said...

What a fun project, I just totally love how you put it together! The colours are gorgeous too! Thanks so much for adding your song piece to Our Creative Corner challenge!

Words and Pictures said...

What a cute card, and a fun interpretation of the song. Thanks for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner.
Alison x