Followers

Monday 13 October 2014

Ruby Slippers

 
I can't remember the last time I made a card for the Less is More challenge! The theme this week is to make a one layer card featuring two of something. Today I had a little time to play and dug out these stamps... I've had them for months but just haven't got around to showing them an ink pad until now!
I inked up the stamps with versamark and heat embossed them in black. I then masked off the shoes and used red distress ink through a MB designer stencil. The shoes are coloured with copics,  copiously glittered and glossy accented, the cogs are coloured with a gold gel pen! I love these shoes!
Sooo tempting to add more 'stuff' to this card...I'm out of the habit of CAS!
Thanks for visiting!
Chris
x
I'd like to enter these challenges
LIM One Layer, 2 of something
avenue613 anything goes with optional CAS
CAS on Sunday Emboss it
addictedtocas stencil

20 comments:

Kathleen said...

Brilliant card Chris, great image and love all the glitter.

Kath x

An Occasional Genius said...

That is absolutely awesome Chris! xx

Chrissy said...

This is really lovely Chris..I love the shoes and the wonderful sparkle [wouldn't mind a pair myself]..the red sun ray is gorgeous and love the sentiment too..perfect CAS card.

luv CHRISSYxx

Chrissie said...

Oh my, those shoes are something else!
Love all that glitz!
Terrific card.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Sid said...

That's a great card, love your take on the theme !! I have also become your latest blog follower !

Anne said...

What a fun image and looks great combined with the sunburst!
Thanks so much for joining us in our one layer challenge
Anne
LIM Designer

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Chris, great to see a card from you my friend, hope all's settled down now and you have rested after looking after mum....love the card and simple image made beautiful.xxx did you enter my candy..
The Journey is the Start

OH Babs said...

Great, vibrant card.

Irish Cherokee said...

Wonderful! Can't remember evr seeing shoes done that way. Love the red glitter. Great card. - Jim

chrissy xx said...

I LOve these shoes too Chris..
FABulous colours and I LOve your design.
Chrissyxx
LOve the stencil idea x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Good to see you joining the fun and WOWZERS those ruby slippers are divine.
Full of bling, glam and sparkle.
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Penny said...

Oh, Chris, what a fab CAS design! Firstly, I love, love, love those shoes! You did a wonderful job of coloring and accenting them! Secondly, I love the "rays" in your design--so cool! And thirdly, the sentiment is just perfect! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Jo Ann said...

I love the simple design and the contrast of color against the white base...perfect! Thanks for entering our Challenge at 613 Avenue Create. I hope you come and visit us again soon. God bless you!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Inkypinkydelights said...

What a beautiful card Chris. One of the nicest CAS cards I have seen. Judy x

Connie MacFarlane said...

Love those fabulous, sparkly red shoes! Great card Chris.

Pia Larsen said...

Fab card, Chris! Who doesn't love shoes :o)

Ester said...

Those seem to be my shoes... your card is fab :)

Kylie said...

Those shoes are amazing! Great use of the stencil. Awesome card! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

Michelle Lupton said...

Love, love, love!! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS :)

anja curvers said...

Wow those shoes really sparkle. Thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday