Followers

Monday 7 March 2016

Going round in circles...

....is the theme of the current challenge at The East Wind. I try to join in with these challenges as often as I can, the images are so fabulous to colour. I must admit my mind HAS been going around in circles with this...I knew what I wanted to achieve, but couldn't make it work....I've wanted to try this 'spotlight' technique for ages, but haven't got it right... in hindsight I think it would have looked better if I'd coloured the 'grey' parts a bit darker ...although it does look a bit better IRL, there's more contrast! The die cut rings would look better if they were finer, but this was the best I could get with the dies I have! I'd welcome any constructive comments!
Thanks for visiting!
Chris
x

Challenge entered:
The East Wind -#50




11 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Wow what a beautiful creation Chris I love that image she is stunning I really like the way you circled and highlighted just a portion of her hair it looks so effective, magic
hugs
lorraine x

Kathleen said...

Perfectly describes this past week for me.
Lovely creation and a great contrast between the image and the background.

Kath x

aussie aNNie said...

Wow Chris love this. Beautiful created creation with lovely colours and a lot to look at....xx
 {aNNie}

Pamellia said...

Wow Chris, stunning card! I love the dark tones here, what a beautiful contrast with the soft blue of your image. Love how the ring highlights her hair flowers! hugs :)

Pat said...

Stunning creation Chris, absolutely perfect, I think you have got it just right, fantastic make.

Pat xx

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice card thanks for sharing!!!

chrissy xx said...

Looks sound to me Chris! In fact Stunning..
What a FABulous design and I LOve your colours.
LOve your rings and brilliant how it highlight her hair..
Great sentiment too.
Chrissyxx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Beautiful card Chris....Love the image and the little bit of colour....Joolsx

Aurora said...

Such gorgeous design. Love it!
Cheers,
Aurora

Chrissy said...

So stunning Chris and it looks perfect to me..fabulous design.

Luv CHRISSYxx

CG said...

This is absolutely stunning! Love it!