Followers

Monday 26 June 2017

Mermaids for Emily


Good afternoon all, Here's a little door hanger I made as a gift (bribe- to- stay- in- her- bed -like- a- good- girl!) for my youngest granddaughter, Emily, who is 3 years old and loves mermaids, pink and purple. Currently her parents are having problems getting her to bed...and keeping her there. They've tried persuasion, firmness, depriving her of treats, ignoring her screaming...nothing seems to work! We're now resorting to good old fashioned bribery...it's worth a try! I tell them that it's just a phase and they'll laugh about it one day but I don't think they believe me!
Anyway, I thought she'd like this to hang on her wardrobe door. I cut the shell shape from very thick card and scored and folded it slightly to give it a curved shape. It's painted with a combination of Zig watercolour pens and Starlights Shimmer acrylic paint which gives it a lovely soft shimmer. The little mermaids are an Aurora Wings image, available here. I've coloured them with copics and added loads of Wink of Stella to their tails, which of course you can't see in the photo!  I fussy cut them and curved them with a ball tool, fixing them to the shell with silicone for depth. I added some seed beads, sequins and tiny shells and Emily's name in metal letters.
Hopefully Mummy and Daddy will be able to bribe her into bed with this!
Thanks for visiting today!
Chris
x
Challenges entered:
aurorawings #52
welove2create #13
aperfecttimetocraft #6
creativecraftcottage. #90 no patterned paper
eclecticellapu a touch of pink/purple
pdelinkyparty anything but a card
throughthepurplehaze pink


16 comments:

Pat said...

Awesome creation Chris, love the shell and the gorgeous mermaid images also the beautiful colours. I do hope for Mummy and Daddy's sake this works and helps to get Emily to bed.

Pat xx

Mitzi Sato-Wiuff said...

Gorgeous door hanger, Chris! I admit, I'm looking forward to reading the follow-up on how Emily responds to this bribe from you. What girl can resist this beautiful piece of art? The image is colored so beautifully, and I love how you made the seashell shape, too. Thank you for joining us at Aurora Wings Challenge. Mitzi xx

Chrissy said...

Nothing wrong with an honest bribe Chris..your door hanger is just gorgeous and I love the shell shape and sweet mermaids and all the little sea bottom bits...so beautiful.

luv CHRISSYxx

Kathleen said...

Lol, reminds me of my Sister, she was just the same. Not sure if they tried bribing her though.
Super creation, the shell looks gorgeous and so do the mermaids, super colours.

Kath x

Janis Lewis said...

How cute! Thanks for sharing at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges.
~Owner/DT Janis

aussie aNNie said...

An adorable seashell and door hanger Chris. Hope the bribe works even for a short time...kids are funny...xx

Donna Ellis said...

Chris, I am in love with your coloring skills and techniques - you create magic! Beautifully done! Hugs, de

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu, good luck!!! Amy DT

Jen Leeflang said...

What a darling little wall hanging! Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

Jen DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/...

DonnaMundinger said...

Chris, this is just precious! Honestly I thought that was a real shell at first and your colors and details are amazing. I'm sure Emily will be thrilled. Hope it does the trick. Thanks so much for joining us at Aurora Wings. xxD

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Oh that is utterly adorable! I empathise with Emily's parents, as my daughter Georgie wasn't a good sleeper at that age either!! I resorted to using a 'storymaker' by her bed. We'd read to her as usual, and then on her little boombox by her bed put on the Stephen Fry audio book of Paddington Bear. He has such a soothing voice and it's such a nice story. If she woke in the night, she'd turn it on (for company) and settle herself back to sleep! She was exactly Emily's age. Worth sharing maybe? I know what it's like to be the desperate parent pulling ones hair out!! I hope your gorgeous shell door hanger does the trick though! So clever the way you created the shell. I love it! Two very enchanting little mermaids too. Love this sweet creation! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Your door hanger is adorable. What a creative and fun idea!

Thank you for sharing it with us at PDE Linky Party this week!

Judy McKay said...

Beautiful!! Love the effect. Thank you for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu this month. Judy DT

Claire said...

Wow how beautiful! Gorgeous project. Thanks so much for sharing with us at We Love 2 Create this time
Claire xx

aussie aNNie said...

Congrats Chris, you won over at Aurora Wings challenge blog.xx
[aNNie]

sanpiseth40 said...

i really likes your blog and You have shared the whole concept really well. and Very beautifully soulful read! thanks for sharing.
บอลพรุ่งนี้